Buying or selling your home is quite possibly the largest financial transaction you will ever make. It’s not a process to leave to chance. You want to make sure that everything is in order, and that you’re making wise decisions. Conveyancing is time consuming, complex and can be risky if you don’t have experience.
Our conveyancing solicitors can help
We know how stressful it is, and will use our many years of experience to make sure that everything flows smoothly. We’ll make sure that everything is above board and that you’re getting what you expect.
Our conveyancing solicitors have seen a lot of property contracts, and know where to look for the pitfalls. We’ll expedite things as much as we can and keep you up to date on progress.
We offer a fixed fee service, which will help you budget for your move.
What’s included in the conveyancing process
Our conveyancing solicitors will:
- Make sure that the property title is sound and verify the ownership.
- Check if the property is freehold or leasehold and advise accordingly.
- Draw up a contract of sale and send it to the buyer’s solicitor.
- Check for restrictive covenants or rights of way that could affect your plans for the property.
- Check that buildings and alterations have the correct planning permission, licences and warranties.
- Check that there are no debts owing against a property and if there are, that they are released before the property is transferred to you.
- Carry out local authority searches to make sure if there are zoning restrictions or any debts due.
- Check if there is a lease, and if so, check the lease conditions.
- Arrange for additional property searches, depending on the circumstances. These might including checking previous land use, whether the land is prone to flooding, if there are planned railway or motorway developments, whether medieval laws still require you to contribute to the local church and so on.
- Check mortgage documents.
- Ensure the deposit has been paid.
- Exchange contracts for you which makes the deal legally binding.
- Lodge an interest in the property so that the property cannot be sold to another.
- Calculate the final figure to pay.
- Arrange for the title to be transferred to the new owner’s name.
- Pay Stamp Duty Tax on your behalf.
- Lodge the title deeds with the Land Registry.
- Send a copy of the deeds to your mortgage lender.
Why choose us?
Our conveyancing solicitors offer low fixed fee rates.
If a dispute arises, as conveyancing solicitors we have the authority to deal with it in Court if need be.
Local experience – you can’t beat it.